Thesis Master Final Examination & Thesis Deposit Check List
_____ Arrange day, hour and room for final exam at a time convenient for your committee. Schedule room as far in advance as possible. Check the Event Scheduling web site for room availability before emailing.
The use of doodle.com is helpful.
_____ Submit Room Reservation request to email@example.com with
- Room Number or Name (“Lilly 1-117” or “Watson’s Crick”)
- Date (“December 8”)
- Start Time and Duration (or End Time) (don’t forget to allow 30 minutes before and after for set up and clean up.
- Description of the Event (Final Exam)
_____ 3 weeks prior to your Final Exam complete
- complete the Form 8 “Request for Appointment of Examining Committee” to access the form;
- Log onto MyPurdue / Academics / Graduate School Plan of Study
- DO NOT change your committee listing
- to be approved you must send the BIOL-Graduate Office
- Submit Thesis to committee & BIOL-Graduate Office
_____ BIOL-Graduate Office will process first iThenticate and report to Major PI.
_____ Formatting - the BIOL-Graduate Office will start the formatting dialog from the dissertation submitted 3-weeks prior to your meeting date. Earlier contact is always encouraged and appreciated.
_____ 1-2 business days before your Final Exam the BIOL-Graduate Office will send to your committee the department forms.
_____ Submit the Final Thesis to the BIOL-Graduate Office or Major PI for the Final iThenticate Report
If Major PI – PDF copy of the Report must be submitted to the BIOL-Graduate Office
_____ Thesis Deposit
_____ Follow the Form 9 on-line procedures