Other Less Common Items

Grade Appeals 

For grade appeals, please refer to University Regulations, using the online reference manual for students, staff and faculty.


Research in Absentia

A doctoral student who has completed the preliminary examination and wishes to leave the University to continue doctoral candidacy should request to register for research in absentia.

This is only possible after the prelim is passed, all course work is completed, and at a point where remaining work on research problem and thesis may be completed off campus.