Application DeadlineDecember 7 - for all applicants.
Any application submitted after the deadline will be automatically rejected.
Please ensure you meet all minimum requirements before applying
- 3.00/4.00 grade point average (GPA) is considered the minimum requirement
- International applicants are typically in the top 5% of their graduating class, or higher.
International applicants from India who have a 3 year Bachelors degree are required to complete a 2 year Masters degree before applying.
GRE scores are not required for the application and will not be considered for admission if submitted.
TOEFL: (Required for all International Applicants)
Institution Code: 1631
- There are no automatic waivers
- applicants may be eligible for a waiver if they have received a degree in the last 24 months from a school where English is the primary language of instruction in a country where English is the native language.
- Department Requirements:
- Ph.D. Applicants
- iBT overall score ≥ 80
- Writing ≥ 18
- Speaking ≥ 22
- Listening ≥ 16
- Reading ≥ 19
- Thesis Master Applicants
- iBT overall score ≥ 107
- Writing ≥ 24
- Speaking ≥ 26
- Listening ≥ 22
- Reading ≥ 22
- Ph.D. Applicants
- IELTS minimum score ≥ 7.5
Transcripts & Certificates
- You must upload to the online application transcript(s) and/or academic document(s) for every institution of higher education you attended. If a transcript is not in English, you must upload an English translation certified by the college or university which issued it.
- If personal identifying information such as a student identification number or social security number appear on the document, REMOVE THIS INFORMATION from your electronic version of your document or mark out the information in black ink before scanning your document. Hint: make a copy of the transcript then mark out in black ink before making a scanned copy
- Provisional Certificates are not accepted
- All transcripts and/or academic documents uploaded to the online application system will be considered unofficial.
- You will need to provide official transcripts and/or academic records at the request of the graduate program or if you are admitted and choose to enroll. An official transcript bears the original signature of the registrar and/or the original seal of the issuing institution. Official documents should be submitted to:
- Transcripts and/or English translations must be mailed directly from a Registrar’s office to the Office of Graduate Admissions. (You can choose to send the transcripts yourself, but the transcripts must be in an envelope sealed by the Registrar).
- Domestic Applicants:
- The Office of Graduate Admissions also accepts electronic transcripts from accredited U.S. colleges and universities sent via eSCRIP-SAFE, Docufide, Parchment Exchange or directly from the accredited U.S. college and university. Under a new pilot program, effective August 1, 2014, the Office of Graduate Admissions will also accept electronic transcripts from colleges and universities in India via TrueCopy Credentials or Parchment Exchange. The transcript must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Office of Graduate Admission does not accept electronic transcripts from international colleges or universities except for those noted in the pilot program above. Transcripts will not be returned.