3D Printing Process
- 3D Printing is reserved for Biological Sciences Faculty, Staff, Graduate and Undergrad Students for in course requirements.
- Maximum object size is 5.5in x 9.0in x 5.9in (HWD). Objects should not weigh over 75 grams. Please contact Bio IT concerning non-standard sizes.
- Only .stl or .obj format will be accepted for printing.
- Please specify which color you prefer.
- Please submit your objects 10 business days before they are needed. Objects will only be printed during the normal Purdue operational weekly hours.
- Once your design has printed, no reprints will be accepted.
- All approved, non-printed resubmissions will be placed at the end of the print queue.
- All objects must be submitted via a current Biology PI/Instructor, unless prior arrangements have been made.
- Objects must be submitted via the Purdue Filelocker service (https://filelocker.purdue.edu/).
- To use FileLocker:
- Login to https://filelocker.purdue.edu/ with your career account.
- Click the "Upload" button, then select your file.
- When the upload is complete, click on the file and then click the "Share This File" button.
- In the blank under "Search for Users by ID" enter "biology" and click on "Biology Poster Printing" when it appears.
- Then click "Share"; make sure the "Notify by email" box is checked.
- You may pick up your object in LILY, room B-131 during regular business hours.
- Students must provide a current Purdue ID when picking up their object.
Note: Makerbot Desktop, Tinkercad, 123 D Desting, Sculptris, SculptGL, Blender, and Wings 3D are all free software solutions to create 3D renderings.